Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog Post 5

a microphone


Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

That is so cute! They are so little and so smart! I think it's cool how they put to Podcasts to music. I hadn't even thought about that for ours. I think it's really cool because it's different. It adds another element to the classroom. In my opinion, the more ways and alternative to learning, the better.

Langwitches

I think this is a really good cause and idea. I read where she was asked to introduce Podcasts to a 1st grade class.. wow! I was definitely not using technology when I was in 4th grade! That shows how things are changing in the educational realm. Having students all over the world doing this and so young? Very cool and innovative!

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

I really like this one. I have never even heard of Vodcasts... but I love that! Sometimes it's hard to just listen to something. If you add video to it, much more interesting. When I think back about school, I remember that it was HARD to pay attention all day because it was BORING!!!! If you take the boring out of school-and make learning fun and with friends, I think test scores will sky rocket. Even if a student doesn't study at all, just listening in class will make a huge difference. So everyone would benefit.

100 Ways to Use Your Ipod to Learn and Study Better

This is really cool. I have never even heard of any of this. The only way I can really learn something for a test is studying flashcards. They have flashcards! That is SO cool to me because it takes forever to write out note cards. So you could spend the time it would have taken you to write the note cards, actually studying. So, you will end up learning the material much faster, leaving time for other important tasks. You are even going green! An environmentally friendly and faster way to get done with my work?? Yes please!

It also has lesson plan ideas. I could definitely use all the tips and tricks I can find when I become the teacher. I am glad we are doing these kinds of assignments because it is equipping us with actual ways to revolutionize the classroom. It is easy to talk about changing the system, but doing it is another thing entirely. I could see myself showing my class this article so that they can benefit from their iPods too!

There is also something that finds the nearest WiFi! I am always looking for somewhere quiet to do my homework. I never know who has internet, and who doesn't. I don't know whose costs money and whose doesn't. So this is a very valuable tool.


I learned that Podcasts can be personalized my music! I really like it. I think that is definitely something I want to add into my own podcast. In the future, I'd also like to do a Vodcast as well as use them in my classroom to make m class NOT boring.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny,

    Your statement ... If you take the boring out of school-and make learning fun and with friends, I think test scores will sky rocket! ... is a very important one for education. I want to take it one step further and take out test scores and replace it with learning. I think learning will sky rocket when we make learning fun and group oriented and put the learning in the students' hands. That is exactly what is going on in EDM 310. Based on your experience, do you like the way things are done in EDM 310 and do you plan to try it in your classes in the future?

    ReplyDelete