Friday, November 12, 2010

Project 6 Google Docs Form Analysis


My survey asked ten simple questions related to the life of college students. I learned a lot from surveying my classmates. Listed below are some of my findings.

41% of subset group EDM 310 are between the ages of 18-20, while 77% are between the ages of 20-25.95% of the students surveyed DO NOT live on campus. Only 14% of the subset work full-time, while 59% work part-time and 5% are married with children. My subset is 91% female, 18% have children and it is also 18% that are returning college students.

When asked if they would recommend USA to a friend, 77% said yes while 23% said maybe. 86/5 of the subset live in Mobile County while 9% live in Baldwin County and 5% live in Mississippi.

As a disappointment to me, when asked what coffee shop USA students support, 68% said Starbucks only 9% said Satori... and we wonder why their is such a corporate takeover!! Support your local businesses folks!

This survey taught me a lot. I think this tool is EXTREMELY useful. It allows you to observe what others are doing and presents data to you in multiple different forms: graphs for the visual learner, statistics for the mathematician. No longer do we have to pass out surveys, calculate the results and then make charts and graphs.. it is all done for us electronically. I think it would be cool to do this at the start of a school year with my class as an icebreaker for them to get to know one another. I am glad I learned about this tool and I am sure being in education, I will use it quite a bit. I learned about my classmates and a fast, easy way to distribute surveys!

No comments:

Post a Comment